3 Ph.D. positions for the project ‘Freedom of movement and social policy in historical and international comparison’ at the University of Tubingen
WHEN / WHERE
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, Institute of Political Science, Tubingen (DE), for the duration of 3 years from 1 October 2019. Annual salary is commensurate with experience starting from approximately 30.300 Euro.
The positions are part of the project ‘Freedom of movement and social policy in historical and international comparison’ funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. The research will explore the relationship between free movement and social assistance across federations;
Each doctoral student will contribute to the research project and write their individual dissertations within the scope of the project topics.
- PhD post 1. The postholder will study social policy impacts and politics pertaining to EU free movement in Germany.
- PhD post 2. The postholder will study migration and poor relief following policy reforms across selected member states of the North German Confederation (Norddeutscher Bund).
- PhD post 3. The postholder will study internal migrants’ access to social assistance in the United States of America, focusing on important (historical) Supreme Court Rulings and their impacts.
• Excellent undergraduate and graduate (master level) degree (preferably political science, but graduates from other relevant disciplines, such as history, sociology, or American studies are also considered depending on post)
• Interest and knowledge of migration and welfare state research
• Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English (and German for posts 1 and 2)
• Excellent intercultural communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Deadline for applications is 7 May 2019.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application with the usual documentation (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, publication list, etc.) in electronic form (one pdf file only) to: email@example.com. Preliminary date for interviews is 24 May. For further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com