Call for applications: The Institute of Political Science of Leiden University’s Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor in European Politics
WHEN / WHERE
The position starts as soon as possible, preferably by January 2021. Full-time position for initially one year and upon satisfactory performance to be extended for one more year.
Salary range from € 3.746,- to € 5.127,- gross per month on a full-time basis (pay scale 11, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %) and training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. For international spouses we have set up a dual career programme. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University requires teaching staff to obtain the University Teaching Qualification. If the successful applicant does not already possess this qualification or its equivalent, he/ she must be willing to obtain this Qualification within two years.
Assistant Professor of European Politics for a two year temporary position. The appointment includes teaching introductory and advanced courses on the European Union, supervising MSc and BSc theses, conducting scholarly research and participating in the intellectual and administrative life of the Institute (i.e., department). The successful candidate would be specialized in the study of the European Union and in research methods appropriate to this field.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in Political Science;
- Applicants must have a promising research agenda, some scholarly publicatons, teaching experience and good teaching evaluations;
- Applicants must be able to teach in English; ability to teach in Dutch is a plus.
Please submit online your application no later than 21 October 2020 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online:
- A letter of interest;
- A CV (with list of publications);
- A statement of teaching interests and experience including sample syllabi and teaching evaluations;
- A research statement covering their current and future research agenda;
- A sample paper or article;
- Applicants should also ask two people to submit recommendation letters commenting on their professional qualifications and suitability for the position directly (i.e. not through the applicant) with ‘Assistant Professor’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection procedure will take place in November 2020. Selected candidates will first be invited for an online pre-interview (in the week of 2 – 6 November); some will then be invited for subsequent interview, if possible in-person (most likely scheduled between 11 – 17 November). You are kindly requested to be available in this period.
Enquiries can be made to Nikoleta Yordanova, email email@example.com.
Enquiries from agencies are not appreciated.