The application for the 2020-2021 HBI Research Awards is now open.
WHEN / WHERE
Brandeis University, Boston
Deadline for Applications: September 15, 2020
The Hadassah-Brandeis Institute awards grants to support research or artistic projects in Jewish women’s and gender studies across a range of disciplines. Awards are made to graduate students, early career, and established researchers. The HBI Research Awards are funded by gifts from the HBI Board.
The purpose of the HBI Research Award is to support work that has the potential to make a significant contribution to the field of Jewish Gender Studies in one of the following ways:
- by using the lens of gender to inform the field of Jewish Studies
- by bringing insights from Jewish Studies to the field of Women’s and Gender Studies
- by exploring interreligious collaborations between Jewish women and women of other faiths.
Junior grants up to $2,000 awarded to graduate students enrolled in recognized PhD programs and new scholars — generally within two years of receiving a PhD.
Senior grants up to $5,000 are awarded to established scholars and professionals.
Grant Categories 2020-2021
- Gender, Jews of Color, and Critical Race Studies
- Gender and Mizrahi Studies
- LGBTQ Jewish Studies
- Jews, Gender, and Disability Studies
- Yishuv, Contemporary Israel and Zionism
- Gender and the Holocaust
- Women’s rights and religious law
- Jewish Feminism and Jews in Feminism
- Creative Arts (including Research, Performance, Visual, Writing, and Film)