The Department of Political Science, Stockholm University, announces one vacant position in the doctoral program with an orientation towards Comparative European Politics. The research project is conducted in collaboration with the Swedish Institute of International Affairs.
WHEN / WHERE
The PhD position is fully funded for 4 years. Planned entry date is November 1, 2019.
The PhD position will be part of a research project “National independence and European integration: Scotland’s and Catalonia’s democratic challenges to the political order in the European Union.”
Deadline for applications is September 15, 2019.
Apply for the PhD student position at Stockholm University’s recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Please include the following information with your application
- Your contact details and personal data
- Your highest degree
- Your language skills
- Contact details for 2–3 references
and, in addition, please include the following documents
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Research proposal (no more than 3 pages) describing:
– which research problem you want to address and how you would approach this problem methodologically
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than 3 files)
- Certificate in English corresponding to at least 550 credits on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This criterion does not apply for students who have completed their education at a Swedish university, where English proficiency is a general eligibility requirement.
The instructions for applicants are available at: Instructions – Applicants.