Check other recent opportunities.
3-4 fully funded PhD positions within the fields of Architectural History, Church History, Legal History and History of Ideas.
Copenhagen (DK). Negotiable starting date March 2018.
PRIVACY launches a systematic, scholarly fusion of the areas of architecture, theology, law and history. The research team will bring together four sets of field-inherent skills and approaches to privacy. The successful PhD candidates will be offered a full-time PhD position for a period of three years.
Applicants must have an MA degree within the fields of Architecture, Church History, History, History of Ideas, Legal History or related disciplines. The research language is English. The research team as a whole will work on sources in French, German, Danish, Dutch, Latin and Classical Greek. Specialist knowledge of Early Modern culture is important. Just as central is, however, readiness to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration on a broad array of different sources and work towards an integrated methodology for interdisciplinary privacy studies.
- a motivation letter, including a plan for your employment at the Centre (1 page), please specify which institution you are applying for
- CV, highlighting language skills
- a copy of MA degree certificate/s
- a list of publications
- if relevant, a portfolio with design works
- a research proposal which develops the project idea, broad conceptual framing and proposed methodology of your PhD project in related to one of the PRIVACY cases as well as two other cases you would be interested in (max 3 pages in all)
- a short abstract of your MA-thesis or equivalent (in English)
- one sample of writing (an article or a chapter from your MA- thesis)
- name, e-mail address, telephone numbers and postal address of two academic referees
A recruitment seminar will take place in Copenhagen 27-28 October 2017. It will involve an introduction to PRIVACY and its research programme as well as a presentation of expectations regarding applications.