Off-University is inviting proposals for a wide range of online courses to be taught on the Off-University platform during the 2019/20 winter term (14 weeks, October 2019 – February 2020). Selected course lecturers will receive 1000 € per month as an honorarium for their teaching, for a total of five months. Currently theyplan for six courses to be organized for the winter semester. Off-University’s online-learning platform offers a virtual classroom including chat options, video livestream, a virtual blackboard and a shared file management system. Over the last two terms OU has hosted a total of 10 interactive online courses, which have all been certified by German and North American universities with recognized credits. ECTS credits can be transferred to a home university after completion. Off-University however is open for anybody to join, not only students enrolled at a university. Further information about the course organization and previous courses can be found here.
Requirements for Applicants:
- – Being politically persecuted and unemployed
- – Ability to teach a self-organized undergraduate or graduate course in your field of research
- – Holding (at least) a master’s degree
- – Instructors are required to act in accordance with the Off-University Code of Conduct, which can be found here
1. Two-page course outline (14 weeks) also describing objectives and planned outcome, requirements and expectations from the students (requirements may later be adjusted in accordance to the ECTS slots available at the certifying university)
2. Full-CV with detailed past teaching and research experience
3. Maximal two pages long statement on the research profile and teaching philosophy of the applicant including a description of the research orientation of the proposed course
4. 2-5 mins long video describing the applicant’s approach to interactive online teaching
5. Short statement of persecution (max. 500 words)
Courses can be proposed from all academic fields and in English, Turkish or German. Course proposals are expected to reflect the recent discourse of the field and promote creativity and the active participation of students. Knowledge and experience of online courses and e-learning methods is preferred. Course proposals that include interactive online methods are also preferred.
Once you have registered to our platform it will take around a working day for you to be added to a personal folder. After you are added to your personal folder you will receive a private message with further instructions on how to upload your written application materials and how to record your video. Please note, for reasons of confidentiality all communication will take place via the platform messaging system and not via email, so please make sure to log in for information and updates on the application process.
Submissions should be submitted on the platform by 24th May 2019 midnight (Central European Time)
Please note, teaching positions for accepted proposals are not guaranteed and depend on the availability of funding and a host institution.
If you have any questions or need further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org You will be notified by June 15th 2019 about the preliminary outcome of your application.