Call for Contribution for the international conference on “Building a European Research Policy. Science and Europeanization” after WW2
The organizers are editors of the new international journal “The Annals of the Fondazione Luigi Einaudi, a Journal of Interdisciplinary Journal of Economics, History and Political Science“. They are calling for proposals for a monographic issue on Building a European Research Policy, Science and “Europeanization” after WW2, to be published in 2019.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
– Scientific networks and agencies as drivers of the process of “Europeanization”;
– Histories of EURATOM, EMBO, ESA, etc.;
– The role of Western European institutions (OEEC/OECD; Council of Europe; NATO)
in promoting research in Europe;
– Historical developments of the EEC/EC/EU research policy;
– Science diplomacy and “Europeanization;”
– Interactions and tensions between research policies of member States and the construction
of common European research policy;
– Scientists and environmental protection in Europe;
– Exporting a “European model” of scientific research. European think-tanks in a globalised world.
Deadline: 1st June 2018 for abstracts; 30th December 2018 for final articles.
Abstracts of 300 words and 6 to 8 keywords. Final papers 8000 words. Contributions will be selected by the editors through peer review procedure.
For more details: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com