Call for papers for a 3 day Workshop organized by the Koç University Suna & İnan Kıraç Center for Mediterranean Civilizations
WHEN / WHERE
June 13-15, 2019, Antalya, Turkey
The organizers encourage submissions engaging with diverse Mediterranean cultural and artistic productions from the 19th to the 21st century, including, but not limited to: literature, photography, artistic productions, travel narratives, cinema and documentaries, as well as TV series.
· Cultural circulations in the Mediterranean ambient
· “Mediterranean literatures” and/or “Mediterranean art” as categories of analysis
· Colonialism and imperialism in the modern Mediterranean
· Migration and the Mediterranean
· Mediterranean Archives
· The Black Mediterranean
· A “Mediterranean Turn” in literary studies
· Mediterranean Literature as World Literature
· Gender and sexuality in the Mediterranean basin
· Conceptual, temporal, and geographical bridges of/in the Mediterranean
· “Non-Mediterranean” works on the Mediterranean
· Connecting/Comparative Seas (Black Sea, Marmara Sea, and Red Sea in particular)
· Mediterranean “Blind spots” or “neglected” Mediterraneans (Literary traditions, productions, and/or time periods that do not receive adequate attention in a Mediterranean framework)
APPLICATION & DEADLINE
300 word abstracts and abbreviated CVs are to be sent to C. Ceyhun Arslan and Megan C. MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) by January 15, 2019.
The following expenses will be covered for all participants:
· Accommodation for up to three nights
· Breakfast and lunch during the workshop days, and group dinners (two nights)
· On-site trips in Antalya
· One round-trip economy ticket to Antalya (tickets reimbursed up to 500 Euros).