The last roundup of all the incoming deadlines we spotted: calls for papers, fellowships, summer schools, grants, calls for contributions; and also tools, Open access collections, podcasts.
If you want to be regularly updated, subscribe by email ( –> box on the right column), or keep en eye or our Twitter and Facebook.
- See the first episode of our old newest project (in Italian): Alfabeto accademico del ricercatore in erba, A-F
- Or check out our Newnew project, a census of digital archives which provide free access to maps, atlasses and plans: here the first episode and here the second one.
Watch out! As usual, dates are expressed in DD/MM/YYYY format; and they refer to deadlines for the submission of proposals.
- 30/03/20 – Paris (FR). CFP “Displaying the social history of migrants. Content, scenography, public engagement”
- 31/03/20 – London (UK). CFP “Beyond camps and forced labour: current international research on survivors of Nazi persecution”
- 31/03/20 – Amalfi (IT). CFP Graduate conference “Southern Italy in the Middle Ages: a Political, Cultural and Economic Centre (century V-XIII)”
- 05/04/20 – Warsaw (PL). CFP “Many Regimes of Capital in the Postdigital Age”
- 10/04/20 – CFC “Crossing Sacred Borders: Writing Journeys in Literature and Culture”
- 12/04/20 – Frankfurt (DE). CFP “Visible Evidence XXVII. Documentary and Democracy in Crisis”
- 14/04/20 – Delhi (IN). CFP “Archiving, Recording and Representing Feminism: The Global History of Women’s Emancipation in the 20th Century”
- 15/04/20 – London (UK). CFP “ Gendered Representations in 20th Century American Art & Culture”
- 15/04/20 – Nice (F). CFP “Venice, a Mediterranean regional power. Economic, maritime and political perspectives, 1669 – 1797”
- 17/04/20 – Konya (TR). CFP “6th China, Islam and the Middle East/North Africa conference”
- 17/04/20 – Paris (FR). CFP “Mediating Otherness: Encounters across Space and Time”
- 20/04/20 – Dundee (UK). CFP “ Indeterminate Futures / The Future of Indeterminacy”
- 30/04/20 – Mulhouse (FR). CFP “The Shape of News and Public Opinion in XVII-XVIII Century Europe and America”
- 30/04/20 – Venice (IT). CFP “On the Boundaries of Here and Now”
- 30/04/20 – Rome (IT). CFP “European Society of Comparative Literature: Imagining inclusive communities in European culture”
- 01/05/20 – Venice (IT). CFP “Religious Dimensions of Nationalism: Interdisciplinary Perspectives”
- 04/05/20 – Paris (FR). CFP “The Body at Work: Gender, Labour, Migration”
- 30/05/20 – CFP “Environmental journalism in the Anthropocene era: Cultural representations of climate change in the 20th and 21st Century”
- 31/05/20 – Porto (PT). CFP “Literary Europe: Creation and Mediation”
- 01/06/20 – Manchester, New Hampshire (US). CFP 2020 Northeast Popular Culture Association Conference
- 30/06/20 – CFC “Claude Lévi-Strauss (1908-2009) again? Certainly.”
- 30/07/20 – CFP “Cultural Heritage and Internation Law. Armed conflict and human heritage”
JOBS / PHDs / FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- 31/03/20 – Halle (DE). Short fellowships for Enlightenment Studies
- 02/04/20 – Helsinki (FI). Scholarships for summer school “Digital Humanities Hackathon”
- 01/04/20 – Borse brevi DAAD per tutte le discipline (master, P.h.D., post-doc)
- 13/04/20 – Borse di studio “Fondazione Feltrinelli” in discipline economiche e sociali
- 30/04/20 – various locations. Postdoc fellowships “Urban Studies” for scholars from the Global South.
- 01/05/20 – Paris, Moscow. EHESS/EHESE binational French-Russian Master in Sociology
- 11/05/20 – Aarhus (DK). 2-years Postdoc Scholarship, political sciences
- 08/05/20 – Hertfordshire (UK). PhD in Digital Heritage
- 15/05/20 – SISF, Borse di ricerca sulla cultura fotografica contemporanea italiana
- 05/07/20– Vienna (AT). Postdoctoral Fellowships at IFK International Research Center for Cultural Studies
- NILDE: pubblicazioni gratuite per tutti.
- Comprimere, convertire, dividere, unire: 4 trucchetti per modificare i PDF.
- Dove trovare call for papers, fellowship e opportunità in italianistica/Italian studies?
- 5 elementi da valutare prima di iniziare un dottorato in italianistica all’estero
- Svolgere un dottorato a distanza/on-line: pro e contro
- Vademecum: Papers, presentazioni e slide creative
- Parlare e scrivere in inglese accademico: le risorse utili
- Internet Archive: la biblioteca d’Alessandria dell’era moderna
- Paperity, un aggregatore multidisciplinare (anche) in forma di app
- Archival collection: OLL – Online library of liberty
- Open access: “SHARE Press” digital edition project
- Open access: Accademia University Press
- Open access: la collezione di libri di Firenze University Press
- Open access: la collezione di OAPEN
- Open access: la collezione di e-book gratis di New Digital Frontiers.
- A free software for archival sources: Tropy, an informal tutorial.
- Un software per gestire le fotografie d’archivio. Breve recensione di Tropy.
- Un logiciel pour gérer les photographies d’archives: notre recension de Tropy.