The last roundup of all the incoming deadlines we spotted: calls for papers, fellowships, summer schools, grants, calls for contributions; and also tools, Open access collections, podcasts.
If you want to be regularly updated, subscribe by email ( –> box on the right column), or keep en eye or our Twitter and Facebook.
As usual, dates are expressed in DD/MM/YYYY format; and they refer to deadlines for the submission of proposals.
- 12/06/19 – Vienna (AT). CFP “The Concept of Culture and its Politicization in Turkey and the Diaspora”
- 15/06/19 – Dubrovnik (HR). CFP “Struggle for Sovereignty? Small States and the Diplomacy of the Early Modern Period”
- 15/06/19 – Venice (IT). Summer School “Mapping the Urban: Cities in Arabic Literature, Culture, and Society”
- 15/06/19 – Florence (IT). CFP “Fifth Anniversary of the Political History PhD Network”
- 15/06/19 – Paris (FR). CFP “Silver Atlantic. Photographic circulations in the 19th and 20th centuries”
- 15/06/19 – Amsterdam (N). Workshop CFP “Is Gender Dangerous?”
- 20/06/19 – Rome (IT). CFP Ph.D. Workshop “The sea: history and social sciences of liquid worlds”
- 30/06/19 – Turin (IT). CFP “International Conference on Forms, History, Narrations, Big Data: Morphology and Historical Sequence”
- 30/06/19 – London (UK). CFP “Promised land of populism? ‘Populist’ culture and politics in Italy, 1800-2019”
- 30/06/19 – Luxemburg. CFP “Europe in the 20th century – an asymmetric Europe”.’
- 30/06/19 – Birmingham (UK). CFP – Summer school “Dis/similar: identity and hybridization in Italian culture”
- 30/06/19 – Timisoara (RO). CFP “Wage, labour market and globalisation”
- 30/06/19 – Genoa (IT). CFP ‘The Literary Image and the Screen’ Conference
- 05/07/19 – Melbourne (AUS). CFP “After Liberalism? Populism and the Future of Democracy”
- 07/07/19 – CFP. Macerata (I), “The Turning Point” International Graduate Conference
- 05/07/19 – Dublin (IE). CFP “Belonging and Migration in Emerging Scholarship: Concepts, Perceptions, Experiences and Representations”
- 19/07/19 – Paris (FR). CFP “Localiser l’épreuve démocratique. Assemblages, circulations, imaginaires”
- 31/07/19 – Istanbul (TR). CFP “The Power of the Dispersed: Early Modern Global Travelers beyond Integration”
- 31/07/19 – Durham (UK). CFP “Minorities Report. Italian Culture, Facing Otherness” SIS PG Colloquium
- 01/09/19 – Toulouse (FR). CFP “Science et culture en temps de guerre”
- 15/09/19 – Louvain (B). CFP “Excluding Diversity: At the Intersections of Anti-Immigrant and Anti-Gender Mobilizations”
- 31/10/19. Call for articles “Food and gender. Representations, practices, hierarchies”
- 01/12/19 – London (UK). CFP “Colonial legacies – Cities 2020 and their cultural legacies”
JOBS / PHDs / FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- 30/06/19 – Premio tesi storia contemporanea e diritto
- 24/06/19 – Barcelona (ES). 2 Phd and 2 Postdoc scholarships “Migration and Democratic Diffusion”
- 30/06/19 – Premio Tesi Laurea in Ricerche Sociali e Culturali “Caterina De Cia Bellati Canal”
- 30/06/19 – Cologne (DE). CFA “PhD position in Arabic Philosophy”
- 30/07/19 – Naples (IT). 16 one-year Ph.D. and Postdoc fellowships in history, philosophy, literature
- 06/08/19 – Princeton (US). 5 Post-doc 3-years fellowships in social sciences and humanities
- 6 blog e siti che facilitano la vita in accademia, #1.
- Dove trovare call for papers, fellowship e opportunità in italianistica/Italian studies?
- 5 elementi da valutare prima di iniziare un dottorato in italianistica all’estero
- Svolgere un dottorato a distanza/on-line: pro e contro
- Vademecum: Papers, presentazioni e slide creative
- Paperity, un aggregatore multidisciplinare (anche) in forma di app
- Archival collection: OLL – Online library of liberty
- Open access: “SHARE Press” digital edition project
- Open access: Accademia University Press
- Open access: la collezione di libri di Firenze University Press
- Open access: la collezione di OAPEN
- Open access: la collezione di e-book gratis di New Digital Frontiers
- Un software per gestire le fotografie d’archivio. Breve recensione di Tropy.
- Un logiciel pour gérer les photographies d’archives: notre recension de Tropy.