Call for paper for Nationalism and the Postcolonial – Annual GAPS Conference 2018 (association for anglophone postcolonial studies)
WHEN / WHERE
See the complete call here. The conference invites contributions from Literary and Cultural Studies, but also related disciplines such as Political Science, History and Art History, Music, Media Studies, Linguistics, etc. Possible areas of inquiry include:
- Nationalism in postcolonial literature, the arts, music, and popular culture
- The language(s) of nationalism in postcolonial contexts
- The histories of nationalism in postcolonial environments
- Nationalism and postcolonial cultural and political identities
- Pan-Africanism, Pan-Asianism, Socialism, Communism, Fascism, etc. and their relation to nationalism
- Figureheads of postcolonial nationalism
- Nationalism and/vs. globalisation
- Contradictions within postcolonial nationalisms
- Indigenous nationalisms
Please submit abstracts (300-400 words) of individual papers or suggested panels of three papers together with a biographical note by December 31, 2017.
Work in progress in Anglophone Postcolonial Studies – including MA/MEd, PhD and postdoctoral projects as well as ongoing research projects in general – can be presented in the “Under Construction” section of the conference, for which poster presentations are also welcome.
Please submit abstracts for project presentations (250 words) indicating your chosen format (paper or poster) by March 1, 2018.
For special requirements, please contact the organisation team: Rainer Emig, Sandra Dinter, Wolfgang Funk (all Department of English and Linguistics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany) Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org