Check other recent calls and fellowships.
CAS SEE is announcing a new annual call for Fellowships for Spring and Autumn 2018. This call is organized along selected thematic foci (see below) but also offers the possibility of open applications. The CAS SEE Fellowship Program for Spring and Autumn 2018 will host 14 junior fellows.
WHEN / WHERE
Rijeka, Croatia, 2018.
The program is open to all disciplines in the fields of humanities and social sciences. It also welcomes applications from the arts, life and exact sciences provided that:
- the research project does not require any intensive laboratory work
- the research project interfaces with humanities and social sciences
- the applicant has a proven capacity for dialogue with other scientific disciplines
This Call is inviting applicants to focus on two particular topics:
- Risky Thinking: Engagement and Action for Social Change (in Europe)
- Cities on the Edge: Resetting the 21st Century through New Urban Agendas (Rijeka ECOC 2020)
The Call for Applications closes on December 15th, 2017. In order to provide evaluators with relevant information to perform their work efficiently, CAS SEE Rijeka fellowship applicants have to submit (in English exclusively):
- the completed CAS SEE Rijeka application form
- a copy of applicant’s CV
- a description of applicant’s research project (1500-2000 words)
- a personal statement (up to 500 words).
All documents must be submitted as PDF files. The documents of applicant’s research project and personal statement must be page-numbered and have as a header applicant’s full name (last name, first name) and email address.
Applicants are recommended to specify the following in their proposals:
- The relevance and connections of the research to a wider academic context
- The aims and methods of research
- The current state and schedule of their research
- The cooperation partners, including national and international contacts, when applicable
- The interdisciplinary dimension of the research, if relevant
- The importance of trans-national mobility for achieving research objectives
- Their motivation for participating in the program
- Issues concerning research ethics, if relevant.
CAS SEE Rijeka Fellows are invited to spend two to five months in Rijeka in accordance with the length and the complexity of their research project.
- Living allowance in the range of € 1,100 per month for a fellow
- Support for accommodation expenses
- A research budget in accordance with the research proposal
- And travel expenses (one round trip)