Check other recent calls and fellowships.
The 4th International Conference of the Balkan Worlds will be dedicated to the “Great Ideas” of the Balkan national movements (18th-20th c.).
WHEN / WHERE
November 29th – December 1st, 2018 at the University of Macedonia in Thessaloniki, Greece.
Through different perceptions of race, ethnicity, or religion, these movements raised the question of tracing national differences via broader ideological formations.
More specifically, the conference will include the following themes:
• Theories of ethnogenesis/-es and ‘Great Ideas’
• Imperial Ideologies and ‘Great Ideas’
• Pan-nationalist Ideologies and ‘Great Ideas’
• Religions and ‘Great Ideas’
• National domestic policies and ‘Great Ideas’
• National foreign policies and ‘Great Ideas’
• State-building and ‘Great Ideas’
• Nation-building and ‘Great Ideas’
• National, Religious, Ethnic or other minorities and ‘Great Ideas’
• Wars and Great Ideas
• Imaginary – time and spatial – borders/limits of the ‘Great Ideas’
The working language of the Conference will be English. We welcome individual proposals for a 20-minute presentations:
- Deadline for abstracts – June 15th 2018
- Notification of acceptance – September 1st 2018
- Deadline for papers – October 31st 2018
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a brief (250-300 word) autobiographical paragraph and the candidate’s contact information (e-mail, a telephone number, academic affiliation).
All the proposals must be sent to the following email: email@example.com
The conference organizing committee will do its best to cover accommodation (hotel) expenses for the conferees. Transportation expenses are expected to be covered by either the conference participants or their academic institutions.
What we do || Who we are || Join AIR project.