What: a call for papers and call for panels international conference organized by Ideas in Politics, Charles University (Prague), Anglo-American University and the Center for Political philosophy, ethics and religion of the CUNI.
When/Where: Prague, November 3-4 2017.
Deadline: June 10, 2017
- Historical roots and development of the republican tradition
- The impact of the republican tradition on modern democracies
- Variety of forms of current (neo-)republican political theory
- Republicanism as an alternative to the prevailing liberal account of democracy
- Constitutionalism, citizenship and political participation
- Republican ideas and European integration.
How to apply: follow the indications at this page.
Links/info: the subscription for the conference is around 55$ (1200CZK) or 25$ (600CZK) for students. Here is the call for paper PDF. Papers that will pass the peer-review process will be published in a special issue of Acta Politologica.
- Richard Bellamy (University College London & European University Institute)
- Christopher Kelly (Boston College)
- Philip Pettit (Princeton University & Australian National University)